Modiphius just announced product details and release dates (well, release months) of the next two books for the Star Trek Adventures RPG. The books are the Command Division Supplemental Rulebook and the Beta Quadrant Sourcebook.
The Command Division Supplemental Rulebook provides “new material for characters in the command or conn departments.” This includes (from the Modiphius website):
- “Detailed description of the command division, including its role in Starfleet, the various branches within the command division, the role of Fleet Operations, life as a command division cadet, and details on starship operations.
- Expanded 2d20 Social Conflict rules, enhancing social encounters and galactic diplomacy.
- An expanded list of Talents and Focuses for command and conn characters.
- Over a dozen additional starships and support craft to command and pilot, including the NX, Nebula, Sovereign, and Steamrunner classes, as well as many shuttle types and the indomitable Work Bee!
- Advice on creating command division focused plot components for your missions to test the mettle of your captain and flight controller.
- New rules on running Admiralty-level campaigns that let you command entire fleets, as well as information on commanding starbases.
- Detailed descriptions and game statistics for a range of Command and Conn focused NPCs and Supporting Characters.”
(Fanboy note: OMG Nebula class! An admiralty campaign!)
The Beta Quadrant Sourcebook provides “an in-depth look at the Quadrant both the Klingon Empire and Romulan Star Empire call home.” Details from Modiphius:
- “Information on the Federation’s presence in the Beta Quadrant, including the homeworlds of Andoria, Earth, and Vulcan.
- Material about the Klingon Empire and its history, including information on its core words of Qo’noS, Boreth, Khitomer, and Rura Penthe.
- Information from the Romulan Star Empire on their history and politics, and information about their worlds Romulus and Remus.
- A host of new Federation species to choose from during character creation, including Benzite, Bolians, Efrosians, and Klingons.
- A selection of alien starships, from the Klingon Empire, Romulan Star Empire, Gorn Hegemony, Orion Syndicate, and civilian craft.
- Guidance for the Gamemaster on running missions and continuing voyages in the Beta Quadrant, with a selection of new Non-Player Characters to enhance encounters.”
(Fanboy note: OMG Bolians! Gorn! Orions!)
Both books release in May of this year, and you can preorder on their individual product pages.